Mother, father and daughter picture Courtesy of People Daily Online.
It seems teenage sex is one thing that will never go away no matter how much the world tries. Many countries are grappling with this problem but
Pictures of the young family are shocking to say the least. But in the spirit of celebrating new life, congratulations to the young couple and may they make good parents. The baby’s mother Chantelle is 15. Asked what he would do to support the child financially, Alfie asks in a small, high-pitched voice, "What's financially?"
Teenage parents aside, it’s sad that there are still so many myths and misconceptions being peddled about sex especially by uninformed kids. Sample this:
- You can’t get pregnant the first time you have sex.
- You can’t get pregnant if you’re standing up during sex.
- If you love someone you must have sex with them otherwise it’s not love.
- It’s unhealthy for a boy to get an erection and then not have sex.
- You can get pregnant from oral sex.
- You can tell if a person has an STI by just looking at them.
- If a boy pulls out during sex you can’t get pregnant.
- If you use tampons you’re no longer a virgin.
- You can reuse a condom if you wash it properly
Last year we debated here about whether or not to accept teenage sex as a modern development or to retain the hard stance society has taken while kids continue to sex away. Something needs to be done. It’s time parents talked some more.