Friday, May 23, 2008

American Idol - David Cook Finally Takes The Title

American Idols, probably the most watched show in the history of entertainment finally crowned it’s winner David Cook at the Nokia Theatre in grand finale fit for a superstar. It was touching to see him get overcome by emotions after his last performance. Maybe reflecting on his long journey on American Idol was just too much for him and he was glad it was finally over.

There’s no doubt both Davids are extremely talented. But I’d always been rooting for David Archuleta through out the season and I still believe he delivered. Cook is definitely a great singer but his performances I thought were a bit lackluster for a grand finale compared to Archuleta who delivered knock out after knock out which prompted Simon Cowel to declare him winner of round 1 and 2 of the 3 rounds. It’s just as well though. At just 17 the boy is too young. He has a very powerful voice but most of the time he just didn’t know what to say when asked questions. But hey! It was not a talking competition.

I think America was afraid to catapult him to teenage megastardom lest he meets the ogre that ate former teenage star’s Britney Spears’ brains. He’s already a star by virtue of his big voice and immense talent but maybe having not won the title will give him a chance to cool off and complete his studies. The youngster had trouble even dealing with the possibility of being crowned American Idol Season 7. Throughout the show he looked mostly overwhelmed - like he would faint at any time. David Cook on the other hand is more mature at 25 years and is better placed to handle the pressures that are likely to come with is new job. I hope their careers will blossom like for some of the former winners of American Idol.

Speaking of former American Idol Winners, I was really shocked at the performance of one Fantasia Barrino on the show a few weeks ago. Talk of change of musical style! She was never my favorite even during her season but at least she had a sweet voice and actually used to actually sing! This time she landed onto the stage with blazing red hair, red lips and red nails and shouted herself hoarse. Whatever she’s smoking she needs to stop. Even Simon Cowel was caught on camera gawking in obvious disbelief. Other past winners like Jordan Sparks and Kerry Underwood seem to be doing much better.

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of knew David Cook would win American Idol after that rendition of Lionel Richies Hello! That performance totally blew everyone away and marked him out as favourite.
I think there are a few of the top 10 who we will be hearing from very soon!

Maua said...

Kirima, did you have to take the socks,

I love the show, David's good.

Anonymous said...

Look what found. http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/galleries/xfactor-vs-idol.php

Maua

Anonymous said...

i watch only the first few episodes of Idol they are too entertaining.

as for who won, I remember saying to myself that the kid Archuletta had a good voice, David Cook - I will wait for his 1st single before judging.

p.s. Britney Spears is back she did a couple of cameos on a sitcom and seems to have cooled off from 'girl gone wild, crazy and deranged'.

Shiko-Msa said...

3nspeaks the initial auditions in different states are hilarious!! Some of those contestants I wonder whether they're normal Lol.

Knoppix!® said...

Ciku you are like an hydra!Or is it an octupus!You are multi-faced.When i sample your posts and comments elsewhere i dont see the girl into soo much entertainment.A knock on your blog i see the entertainment addict in you.

On a lighter note me thinks you like gossip!LoolNice post atleast i will wait for one David Cook if Jordin sparks is any standard to gauge with!

Keep it up .......

Mo said...

IMO, they were both...meh. The 1st season was th best.

Have you heard Kelly Clarkson recently? I hate the way these kids equate loud with good, use improper technique while attempting to sound like foghorns and then end up blowing out their vocal cords.

Shiko-Msa said...

Knoppix key word Unlimited Lol.

Anyway it's my blog name that is a bit serious. Otherwise I'm a girly girl to the end. Wanjiku Unlimited gosh! I started the blog at the height of last year's politics when I was feeling rather patriotic for my country.... you know tribal wars, constitutional changes and stuff. I'm still loving motherland and all but I'm now a girl first then the rest later. If some of my friends learned I have a blog called Wanjiku Unlimited, or if they read the things I write elsewhere, they'll never believe it.

As for gossip Lol ..... it's fun isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Oh...Wanjiku did you realize that the unlimited is misleading some guys?...they think, and I think their mathematics is wrong, Wanjiku unlimited = Wanjiku unmarried...one of them is the guy who tallies his neighbor's midnight activity. Could it be that they are right and I am wrong.
Midnite preacher

Anonymous said...

Knopix i think Ciku's is a case of raw talent. she can write about anything. Ciku are you in media? as in a writer/reporter or something like that?
MP.

Shiko-Msa said...

Midnight preacher dont worry about Knoppix. He's probably just having a good laugh. A lot of midnight tallying and a bit of gossip here and there until he got his maths mixed up Lol. Knoppix don't worry I understand. Too much of that kind of tallying can get your mathematics haywire Loool!

Shiko-Msa said...

Anon 10.17 I'm not in media. I'm a marketer. Writing and blogging is a hobby.

Shiko-Msa said...

Mo Ma I've not heard Clarkson of late. Actually I never heard her at all since her time. I hope she does not scream on stage like Fantasia? Sparks is quite something though. Hope she wont change with time.

Anonymous said...

this fantasia gal always gets me goign like what the hell?
i saw that red hair, omigosh....can this woman just be crazy...but anyway, i've always loved her short hair.